Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Bear Floor Rug Pattern
$15.00 – $19.00
The Bear Floor Rug Pattern measures 28″ x 40″ (71cm x 1m) once complete. This gorgeous design is unique in that it encompasses both jelly roll strips and soft and fluffy hand-made chenille.
This rug is sure to delight your little ones, and is perfect for any child’s playroom or bedroom. You can make it in any colour combination you desire; Even using up your stash of jelly rolls or fabric strips.
The Bear Rug Pattern takes you through how to quickly and easily make the jelly roll strips using our Jelly Roll Sasher Tool, and making binding with our 1 3/8″ Sasher Tool. In addition, you’re given step-by-step instructions on how to make your very own chenille fabric for the bears feet, nose and inner ears. The bear outline and the nose, feet and inner ear templates are included for your use.
** You can purchase either a downloadable PDF or the physical Pattern (please select the relevant option from the dropdown menu below the video). ** Please note – if purchasing the downloadable PDF, the Pattern can be printed as an A5 booklet or on A4 pages. However, the Bear Template Sheets must be printed as an A3 size (this is the size provided with the physical Pattern). If you live outside Australia, please google paper sizes to ensure you print your Pattern and Template Sheets on paper that is an equivalent size to Australia’s (or print to ‘actual size’ if paper is larger).
The Bear Floor Rug Pattern Requirement List:
- 1 1/2 rolls pre cut 2 1/4″ Hobbs Pre-cut Fusible Batting Strips
- Thread to match or contrast the fabrics
- Jelly Roll Sasher Tool
- 1 3/8″ Sasher Tool
- Chenille Rotary Cutter
- Chenille Brush
- Strong sharp scissors
- Roxanne Glue Baste-It
- MonoPoly Thread
- 1/4″ foot for the sewing machine
- Ditch stitching foot for the sewing machine
- 1 x Jelly roll pack or cut 42 x 2 1/2″ strips cut across the whole width of the fabric
- 4 x 1/2m or 1//2 yard fabric pieces for chenilling the nose, ears and paws
- 1 x Fat Quarter contrast fabric for the inner paw, nose and eyes
- 1/2 m or 1/2 yard of fabric for binding
In our below video, Pauline shows you some of the steps in creating the rug.