Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Dance of the Butterflies Pattern
$10.00 – $15.00
The Dance of the Butterflies Pattern was designed by Pauline Rogers, and is a Quilt As You Go quilt. Once finished it measures 45″ x 45″ or 1.14m x 1.14m.
Constructed in panels, you quilt the background first, then appliqué and join the quilt together. All of the black trim around the fans are made using the 1/4″ Sasher. The sashing is a triple up (three separate layers) using three different sized Sashers. This gives a beautiful and interesting effect to the quilt.
** You can purchase either a downloadable PDF or the physical Pattern (please select the relevant option from the dropdown menu below the video). ** Please note – if purchasing the downloadable PDF, the Pattern can be printed as an A5 booklet or on A4 pages. However, the Butterfly Template Sheets must be printed as an A4 size (this is the size provided with the physical Pattern). If you live outside Australia, please google paper sizes to ensure you print your Pattern and Template Sheets on paper that is an equivalent size to Australia’s (or print to ‘actual size’ if paper is larger).
Dance of the Butterflies Quilt Pattern Requirements
- Fork Pins
- Large Sasher Collection – Set of 10
- Roxanne Glue Baste-It
- MonoPoly Thread
- Sharp Scissors
- Mesh Transfer Canvas
- Bohin Fabric Marking Pencil Set
- Titanium Topstitch Needles #80/12
- 2B Lead Pencil and Eraser
- Sheet Template Plastic
- Threads to match the fabric
Fabric and Batting Requirements
- 2m (2 1/4 yds) Backing fabric, sashing and outside binding
- .6m (3/4 yd) Two different print fabrics for fans and two sashings
- .4m (1/2 yd) Contrast fabric for lattice
- .5m (3/4 yd) Black fabric for bias (or colour of choice)
- .5m (3/4 yd) Print fabric for fussy cut flowers and circles
- 2m (2 1/4 yds) Backing fabric
- 1.4m x 1.4m (1 1/2 x 1 1/2 yds) Hobbs Fusible Batting/Wadding
Watch our below video as Pauline shows you how to make the Dance of The Butterflies Pattern and the Rectangles Rock n Roll Pattern using one of her Quilt As You Go techniques.