Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.
Hedgehog Floor Rug Pattern
$15.00 – $19.00
The Hedgehog Floor Rug Pattern is an adorable floor rug, or could be hung on the wall in any child’s bedroom. It measures 50″ (127cm) x 33″ (84cm) when finished.
The rug is constructed by making folded fabric strips that have been made using the Sasher tools. Two different size Sasher tools have been used to give the nice visual effect of the spikes that a hedgehog has. Prairie points around the outer edge also add to the effect.
** You can purchase either a downloadable PDF or the physical Pattern (please select the relevant option from the dropdown menu below the video). ** Please note – if purchasing the downloadable PDF, the Pattern can be printed as an A5 booklet or on A4 pages. However, the Hedgehog Template Sheets must be printed as an A3 size (this is the size provided with the physical Pattern).
Hedgehog Floor Rug Requirements
- 1/2″, 1″ and 1 7/8″ Sasher Tools
- Mini 18mm Rotary Cutter
- Precision Quilting Ruler
- Roxanne Glue Baste-It
- MonoPoly Thread
- Black Thread
- Cutting Mat
- Fork Pins
- Walking Foot
- Open Toe Foot
- Sewing Machine
- Flower Head Pins
- Normal Sewing Foot
- Strong Sharp Scissors
Fabric and Batting Requirements
- 1.3m (1 1/2 yds) of 90cm (1 yd) Hobbs Double Sided Fusible Batting
- 75cm (3/4 yd) x 3 different fabrics for weaving strips
- 50cm (1/2 yd) x 2 different fabrics for weaving strips
- 1.5m (1 3/4 yds) fabric for backing and facing
- Scrap of white and black fabric for eye
- 40cm (3/4 yd) fabric for points
Watch below as Pauline shows you how to make the rug.